to provide rental assistance
and supportive services to those in need
RSVP to our Annual Soup Supper
September 25th, 2014
RSVP online by clicking here
Our Annual Soup Supper is just around the corner! Join us on September 25th at the Fort Collins Marriott from 6 -8PM for an evening of Gourmet Soup, conversations about homelessness in our area, and to support HPI! Last year we raised over $35,000 from the Soup Supper, enough money to help over 115 families! We hope to see you this year - click on the link above to RSVP.
Catching Families Before They Fall
While most of us struggle with maintaining a basic budget, imagine the frustration of knowing that the one thing many of us can always count on – a roof over our heads – is in jeopardy. The Homelessness Prevention Initiative is a local, grassroots emergency support resource for working families living within the Poudre School District who face the possibility of homelessness.
- We work to prevent homelessness before it starts.
- We provide one-time grants (once per twelve months) for rental assistance, and all checks are written directly to the client’s landlord.
- We help clients navigate the assistance process by providing referrals to appropriate services, agencies and community resources.
- We provide mediation services to residents and property owners, as needed.
Our Work Makes a Difference
- Since opening more than a decade ago, we have helped over 20,000 individuals, including 12,500 children, stay in their homes.
- 93 percent of the families we help are able to overcome a financial crisis with an average grant of under $300.
- HPI assisted nearly 700 households in 2013.
- Every $1 donated to HPI saves at least $20 in costs associated with being homeless.
An Overview of HPI
KFRC's HPI Interview!
HPI was interviewed by City Councilman Bob Overbeck for his show on KFRC!