to provide rental assistance
and supportive services to those in need
Catching Families Before They Fall
While most of us struggle with maintaining a basic budget, imagine the frustration of knowing that the one thing many of us can always count on – a roof over our heads – is in jeopardy. The Homelessness Prevention Initiative is a local, grassroots emergency support resource for working families living within the Poudre School District who face the possibility of homelessness.
- We work to prevent homelessness before it starts.
- We provide one-time grants (once per twelve months) for rental assistance, and all checks are written directly to the client’s landlord.
- We help clients navigate the assistance process by providing referrals to appropriate services, agencies and community resources.
- We provide mediation services to residents and property owners, as needed.
Our Work Makes a Difference
- Since opening more than a decade ago, we have helped over 20,000 individuals, including 12,500 children, stay in their homes.
- 93 percent of the families we help are able to overcome a financial crisis with an average grant of under $300.
- HPI assisted nearly 700 households in 2013.
- Every $1 donated to HPI saves at least $20 in costs associated with being homeless.